Sunday, November 04, 2007

Happy Halloween!

It's been four days since Halloween and the girls have already almost forgotten about their candy! Hooray...mission accomplished. If Halloween were the only holiday in which children accumulated ridiculous amounts of candy, then the candy might not bug me so much. But, the truth of it is that my kids (prompted by our current culture) expect piles of candy for Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day, and Easter. In fact, last week Brynn drew a calendar with four holidays on it - the four aforementioned holidays. I asked her why Thanksgiving wasn't on the calendar and she replied, "I only counted holidays with candy, because they're the only holidays I like." Super. Anyway, we've still got two bags of candy sitting atop the cabinets in the laundry room, and I'm sure I've eaten more of it than both girls combined. I'll probably sort out a few of the pieces they like the best (for some reason they love the dum-dums) and toss the rest. Or maybe we'll pull out the non-chocolate stuff and send it in the Operation Christmas Child boxes. More on those later!

Here's a photo album full of Halloween pictures of our cute little lady bug and kangaroo.

Halloween 2007

1 comment:

Michael said...

im not sure if candy keeps this long but by all means leave it there till March :). Also... is Valentines Day really a holiday? I kinda see it the same way as I see flag day. Some people may take it seriously but for the most part it should be treated with a national realization of "oh it's flag day today? that's cool"