Sunday, November 25, 2007

Wandering around...

Callie cracks me up for a lot of reasons, but one of the funniest things about her is her extra large vocabulary. She's two and a half, about three feet tall, skinny as a rail, and has a tiny little head (compared to her peers, anyway). Almost everything about her is small, that is, everything except her vocabulary.

We're sort of trying to potty train her. If she wanted to be potty trained, she would be already. She can go in the potty when we tell her to, but most of the time she doesn't want to be bothered and would rather just go in her diaper. So this morning I put her on the potty and then told her that I wasn't going to put a diaper back on her. I thought if she just went bottomless she'd be motivated to use the potty. So, here's her wordy response:

"Mom, I don't want to be wandering around the house without any diaper on myself." And all of it was perfectly clear. What a difference from Brynn at this age. Nobody could understand anything she said, and here's Callie talking like a five year old. What an adventure!

No comments: