Friday, December 07, 2007

Spinach, Garlic, and Feta

My girls are generally pretty good eaters and are willing to try a wide variety of food. Lately, though, they've been a bit more picky. Somehow, that trend was reversed today (at least momentarily) when we shared a sautéed spinach, roasted garlic, and feta cheese pizza. Not exactly what you think of when you imagine two little girls eating pizza. The garlic was in full cloves, which they ate at first and then gave me the last couple. But, not one bit of spinach was picked off of the pizza. I'm happy not only because I think it's important for kids to eat "grown up" food, but also because I know how good spinach and garlic are for my kids. There are so many health benefits from those two foods - it's nice to see them enjoying something that's good for them.

No comments: