Sunday, January 13, 2008

My favorite brownies.

I just got a very strong craving for brownies so I decided to make a batch and share the recipe with you. The recipe came from the back of a cocoa powder container but I've done quite a bit of altering it. I like it because it's rich, chewy, and makes an extra large batch. Nothin' wrong with an extra large batch of brownies...

My Favorite Brownies

1 2/3 C granulated sugar
¾ C unsalted butter, melted
2 T water
2 large eggs
1 t vanilla extract
2 t espresso or strong coffee
1 1/3 C whole wheat or all purpose flour
3/4 C cocoa powder
1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1/2 C chopped nuts
1/2 C dark or bittersweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13x9 baking pan.

Combine sugar, butter, and water in large bowl. Stir in eggs, espresso, and vanilla extract. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl; stir into sugar mixture. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips. Spread into prepared baking pan.

Bake for 20-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Makes 2 dozen brownies.

No comments: