Saturday, February 16, 2008

How to make a "grammar queen" laugh.

Maybe it's because I aspire to be a grammar queen. Maybe it's because I sometimes think of myself more highly than I ought and seeing things like this makes me feel brilliant (despite mounting evidence to the contrary). Or maybe these are just really freakin' funny. My friend Laura has the quotation mark blog permanently linked to her site. I think I might do the same...

The "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks
Apostrophe Abuse

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hilarious! I'm glad to see there are others out there who appreciate the "humor" in "misused" quotation marks! Jon and I have seen some fantastic examples lately. The hand-printed ones are always amusing, but the signs that people actually paid to have manufactured really make me laugh. I'm inspired to start photographing the good ones now. :)

Hillary Dickman said...

Yeah, I'll definitely have my camera out for these ridiculous signs now that I know somebody else cares!!