Thursday, February 14, 2008

Monster Cookies


This morning the girls and I made our favorite cookies, Monster Cookies. We love the monster cookies at Whole Foods, and while I was trying to duplicate the recipe, my friend Katherine (who gave me the whole wheat bread recipe) gave me her recipe for monster cookies. I don't think it's exactly the same as the ones at Whole Foods, but they're pretty darn good and they come out of the oven perfectly crispy on the outside and chewy inside every time. Can't beat consistency...especially when I'm the one doing the baking. I'm not known for consistently good baking results.

The recipe makes about four dozen cookies. I usually bake two dozen and put the other half of the dough in the fridge for later. Here's the recipe:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Mix
3 large eggs
1 cup maple syrup (Grade B works fine, if you have access to it. Grade A costs a bit more. Whatever you do, don't use fake syrup.)
1 tsp molasses
1 stick butter, softened
4 1/2 cups rolled oats
2 tsp baking soda
2 cups chopped nuts
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups chunky peanut butter
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups chocolate chips

Mix until well moistened. Drop by 1/8 cupfuls on parchment-lined cookie sheets. Don't flatten. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until they are light golden brown. Place on cooling rack.

1 comment:

Madame Dragonfly said...

YUUUMMMM!!!! Jules and I will try these this weekend. I'll let you know if we have similar results.