Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ute Valley

On Monday evening after a fabulous spinach lasagna, we decided to go for a walk at Ute Valley Park, the wild-feeling park across the street from our neighborhood. In a stroke of genius as we were heading for the door, Callie asked me to take my camera. Of course! It's sunset...the golden hour for photos. So I grabbed my camera and we headed out. It was fun taking a walk with our little family plus Liz, Michael, and Daisy, here visiting from NC. Here are some photos from our adventure...keep in mind, I'm still playing with and learning how to use my camera, despite the fact that I've had it for over a year. I'm experimenting with using a high ISO to almost over-expose my shots, and then adding more contrast and sharpness to them in post-processing. I'm starting to get the hang of it, but I realize I have a long way to go.














2 comments:

Michael said...

nice job, making us all depressed and missing colorado....

3boys247 said...

Great pictures Hillary. I think you should take pictures of all the families you know...can we hire you?