Saturday, August 16, 2008

One down...

At the ripe old age of five and three quarters, Brynn's first tooth is gone. This is bigger than the first day of kindergarten. Bigger than jumping off the diving board and swimming to the edge without help. Bigger than driving her Gator to school without running over anything. Maybe even bigger than doing her own hair (which she's been doing for about a week now). I mean, it's her tooth! Her first little tooth! I remember when it broke through her little gums at about five and a half months old during a plane flight from Oakland back to Cincinnati! Her cute little tooth! And now it's sitting in a little ziplock baggie in my bedroom, waiting for tonight when the famous tooth fairy will (hopefully) bring her something in exchange for her tooth.

The tooth was hanging on by a thread until finally succumbing to a pretzel Brynn was munching on while at a friend's birthday party today. She came running out of the party room looking for me and my first instinct was to turn away. I just couldn't bear the thought of seeing my little girl without her tooth. If I were to be totally honest with you, I might say that I don't think kids are as cute once their baby teeth start getting replaced by adult teeth. And you might tell me to move to China where that kind of snobery (or is it snobishness? snobitity?) is accepted. Yeah, terrible, I know. Luckily, as her mom I believe that Brynn is cute no matter what is going on in her mouth. Here are some photos to prove it.


2 comments:

3boys247 said...

Congratulations on losing your first tooth Brynn! What an exciting day!

Grandma D. said...

Yea, Brynn!! How exciting to loose your first tooth!!