Sunday, September 28, 2008

Am I THAT forgettable?

Just a few minutes ago I was at Safeway. I ran into two people I know. The first was in the parking lot. She rolled down her window and said, "Hailey!" I smiled and shouted back, "Hi!" She's somebody I know from the pool. I thought, "Oh, I don't have my kids with me and I'm in a different place. Oh well." I couldn't remember her name right away either. No big deal. Then, I got into Safeway and ran into an old acquaintance from college. He saw me walk past and said, "Bethany?" Recognizing his voice, I turned and said, "It's Hillary. Hi, Chuck! How are you?" We had a short conversation about his return from military deployment and his baby who was born while he was away. At the end of the conversation, he said, "Well, it was great talking to you. I'll see you later, Bethany." Excellent.

3 comments:

3boys247 said...

I'm sorry. That stinks. Who was it from the pool? It wasn't Natlaie or Kelly right? : )

Between Bethany and Brine, you are having a heck of a week.

Michael said...

that is really funny Heather!!

Hillary Dickman said...

HA! I get that one a LOT.