Thursday, September 25, 2008

I got tagged

My friend Laura tagged me with the following rules:

1. Post the rules on your blog.
2. Write six random things about yourself.
3. Tag six people at the end of your post.
4. If you are tagged, JUST DO IT, and pass the tag along.

Here is my randomness:

1. I call my cat, Nacho, "my firstborn child." Before Brynn was born I admitted to my mother in law that I didn't know if I had enough capacity to love both my cat and my child. Despite that, my mother in law still loves me, I think.

2. When I was about eight years old I took a breakdancing class. My cousin, Kristin, took the class with me. I think if I tried I might still be able to do the wormy move on the floor. I can't remember the move's name...caterpillar, maybe? Just now I was going to show my husband but he said, "Hill, don't hurt yourself."

3. I like to correct people's grammar. Some people like to fix cars, some like to do puzzles, some like to run marathons. I really get my kicks from correcting grammar. And spelling. And punctuation, too.

4. My brother knocked out half of one of my front teeth with a Calistoga bottle shortly before I had to swim a 100 IM at the Lafayette City Meet and only a day before a family vacation in Hawaii. I believe I was eleven which means he was about seven. Okay, Nick. I now am over it (almost) and promise never to mention it again. Have I made that promise before? I'll try not to go back on it this time.

5. As a graduate student I studied abroad in Nepal. While I was there, I almost climbed to the top of a mountain called Kala Patthar (pronounced KAH-lah pah-TAR). Then I got altitude sickness and turned around. I still made it over 17,000 feet. It's an accomplishment I'm quite proud of even though the photo of Kala Patthar on Wikipedia makes it look like a mound of dirt. I also got Typhoid while in Nepal. I'm not proud of that. Except insofar as it proves my points about vaccines.

6. In fourth grade a boy I hated called me a name that I still think about almost every day. It's part of my identity. Someday maybe I'll tell you what he called me. My husband and my dad know, but I don't think anyone else does. I think that boy (actually now he's a man) has lupus. At least that's the rumor. Karma sucks. Author's note: I almost didn't say that. I let Scott read it first. He balked, so I thought I'd take it out. Then he said, "No, leave it. It's so...you." Ouch. Even though I hated the boy, I really do feel sorry for him now.

I don't know six bloggers who I can tag without seeming like a total stalker, so I'll break the rules and tag just a few:
1. Three of us in a Boat (private blog...sorry, uninviteds!)
2. Adventures of the Francis Four
3. Lucy the Valiant
4. Michael and Liz are bloggable

1 comment:

Laureen said...

I remember that comment 6 years ago. I also remember loosing quite a lot of sleep over that one. Yes, I still love you, but I don't think Nacho and I ever got along. Maybe he senses that I love Brynn a whole lot more than him. Come to think about it, Libbie and I never hit it off either. Humm, I will take Anna anytime though.