Monday, October 06, 2008

For grandparents only

Okay, maybe aunts and uncles, too. But, really, if you're not immediate family I'm sure you won't enjoy this movie. I taped it last night while Brynn was reading a book, cover to cover, for the VERY first time. Fulfilling her role as the meddling little sister, Callie stayed next to Brynn through the whole book, certain to interrupt, annoy, and predict (usually correctly) what the next word would be. Brynn was tired and with Callie sitting next to her I'm not really sure how she ever made it through the book.

Before bedtime these days we're reading the classic Wind in the Willows to Brynn. I'm looking forward to the day when she can read it all by herself!

6 comments:

Grandma said...

Aww,that's too cute!! Great Job Brynn!! (and Callie) Too funny at the end. Thanks for the video, a homesick Grandma appreciates it very much.

Hillary Dickman said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Yeah, we were cracking up at the end. They are so funny together. So different but somehow they manage to put up with each other.

suzanne said...

well, i'm not a grandma or an aunt, but i just watched a few minutes of this and loved it! i especially loved watching callie...waving to the camera, making rain drops with her fingers. cutie pies :)

3boys247 said...

I love it when the older one can read a book to the younger one. So far it has been one of my favorite memories of these boys.

Great job Brynn!

Great sound effects Callie!

Susi said...

ahh, this is in my future - in boy-format :) VERY cute! We have that book, too - our little Simon is just starting to say the sounds. Benjamin enjoyed watching it, too. Thanks!

Hillary Dickman said...

I'm glad Benjamin had a chance to watch it. My girls love watching movies of other little kids, and love watching themselves even more. I haven't let them watch this one yet because I know that fighting over who sits closer to the middle of the computer will ensue...