Sunday, January 04, 2009

The cross-eyed thieves.

I love living in Colorado Springs. Seriously, I do. I mean, in a bigger city, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't get an article like this...linked to the front page of our city's biggest newspaper.

Trio robs chicken restaurant
January 3, 2009 - 9:15 AM
ANDREA BROWN
THE GAZETTE
Be on the lookout for a man with white shoes and black shoelaces: He is a suspect in an armed robbery at Popeye's Fried Chicken, 3815 E. Pikes Peak Ave.

Colorado Springs Police said three suspects entered the business about 9:30 p.m. Friday and demanded money.

One had a revolver and another had a large knife, police said. After receiving an undisclosed amount of money the suspects fled on foot.

While other parts of the description were hazy, police said two of the suspects appeared to be cross-eyed.

Really? Two of the thieves were cross-eyed? And one of them wore white shoes with black laces? That's all you can give us? "Be on the lookout for a man with white shoes and black shoelaces." Are they serious?

In other cities where I've lived, the crime is real, and scary. And, yes, we have our share of crime, but by comparison, Colorado Springs sometimes seems like a kind of fairyland, a throw back to safer times.

And, really, that's fine with me. But still fun to laugh at. Once in a while.

1 comment:

lucythevaliant said...

So while getting robbed at gunpoint, the only two things you really notice are the criminals' eyes and footwear? Good to know! On my next crime spree, I'm going to make sure I wear shades and misleading shoes. The perfect crime!