Sunday, February 08, 2009

Special Time with Daddy

Yesterday Callie and I went to the zoo for "Special Time with Daddy." Brynn was having a play-date at a friend's house, so I thought it would be a good opportunity to have some 1:1 time with my either really grumpy/really happy daughter. She had a couple grumpy moments (when I told her I didn't have enough money for the pony ride and carousel ride), but in general she enjoyed our time together.

The zoo also gave me a chance to experiment with my "new" camera. Since Hillary purchased the 40D recently, I got the Rebel as a hand-me-down. I've set the rule to only take pictures on manual mode, because really... automatic options are for wusses. Two weeks ago I couldn't even get a picture to come out. I'm no Hillary yet, but happy with my recent photography improvements.

Here are a few straight-out-of-the-camera (no editing) examples:






2 comments:

Hillary Dickman said...

Good work, babe. I'm proud of you!

MOM said...

Great pictures!! We love the second one with Callie and the monkey looking at each other.