Thursday, February 19, 2009

Why did I wait so long?

It was all I could think about this morning. As I was fussing with the annoyingly stuck lock on Brynn's bike. As I was waiting for Callie to pick out a snack to stick in her backpack. As I was passing the poor preschool mom who got pulled over for speeding on her way to school. All I could think about was installing Lightroom on my (newly augmented) computer and playing with it. Because I've been waiting...almost a year...to get Lightroom. And with my education discount it only cost $100 (as opposed to the sticker price of $300). So why did I wait so long? Maybe it's the whole "I'm a mom and don't want to do anything nice for myself" attitude that caused me to wait. Lightroom rocks. Of course, I haven't figured out how to integrate it perfectly with iPhoto yet, and I'm not willing to give up iPhoto now that it has the awesome new face recognition ability, but I do want to use Lightroom for editing. After playing with it for about fifteen minutes, here's what I came up with:

Before

After

Before

After


Before

After

And that was just fifteen minutes. If only this were my job, I could spend all day playing with it!

No comments: