Thursday, March 05, 2009

First sign of spring

"Oh no!" I said. "What?" asked Callie. "Well, my bulbs are starting to bloom already and it might snow this weekend." So I took a few photos and moved on to lying around in the warm March sun.
Then I heard some thrashing noises. I ignored the noises. I heard some more thrashing noises. I looked over in the direction of the noises. Callie was beating my ONE flower with a large stick. Beating the flower to oblivion. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I...um, screamed. "Sorry!" she yelled back. Over the past few weeks, she's begun answering anything I say that has even the slightest tone of unhappiness with "Sorry!" "No, seriously," I continued. "WHAT are you doing?"

"You said you didn't want the flower there," she said as she hid behind the hot tub.

"No, I SAID that the flower came up too early and it's going to snow this weekend. I was afraid the flower would die."

"I thought you didn't want it there."

Oh, seriously. You gotta be kidding. It's a good thing she's cute.

1 comment:

3boys247 said...

My bulbs are starting to come up too.

Umm, Can you make sure Callie doesn't get out of the car tomorrow? I do not need the bulbs beat with sticks. I have boys who stomp through the flowerbeds and they do not need any help destroying my sad garden.