Thursday, March 19, 2009

I love this woman.

And contrary to Lesley Stahl, I don't think Alice Waters is a dreamer. I think Lesley is a pessimist. Nothing makes more sense to me or seems more realistic than teaching our nation to grow and consume fresh, organic food. I don't understand the poo-pooing. Okay, maybe here in the Rockies where we can't grow food year-around the idea of having an edible landscape or edible schoolyard is unrealistic. That's why we have Whole Foods...to fill in the gaps. And greenhouses. Oh, how I'd LOVE to see a big greenhouse at my kids' elementary school.


Watch CBS Videos Online

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are your thoughts about the White House garden?

Hillary Dickman said...

I'm thrilled! I wish it took up a bit more space on the lawn -- it's really small in comparison to the lawn overall -- but it's better than nothing. Its location is out near the road for everyone to, which is interesting. If nothing else, it's a good effort at leading by example. Someday I'd like to see the WHOLE lawn be a garden. They could feed half of the Hill.

Hillary Dickman said...

Sorry...for everyone to see. Left out a word there.

Fulton said...

All I read was "I love this woman" and "poo-pooing". sorry... somehow i seem to just hone in on the funny stuff.