Friday, April 17, 2009

The United Tour

Earlier this week, Brynn and I spent an evening at the Michael W. Smith/Steven Curtis Chapman concert at the Pikes Peak Center here in the Springs. What a blast it was to sit with my sweet six year old and listen to these two guys whose lyrics were heavily influential in my faith as a high school girl. They played a few oldies together, played each others' old songs, and played some fun new stuff as well. We learned a bit about SCC's new organization, Show Hope, too, and decided to include them in our monthly giving. For Brynn, the concert ended around 9:30 when she fell asleep with her head resting in the crook of my elbow, but we didn't leave til the end.

I hesitated to post this video, just because (at least in my experience) concerts always seem so low energy on home video. The concert was a high-energy blast and the sold out crowd was on its feet for much of the three hours that the concert lasted. What fun!

3 comments:

suzanne said...

ok...you KNOW i love this video! what i wouldn't give to see the two of them together!!! love it. i still have a HUGE crush on smitty. can't help myself. sorry, matt. so glad you went and had such a great time...

Hillary Dickman said...

Yeah, I can't imagine growing up as a Christian in the 90's and not loving seeing these guys together. One of my FB friends said the pop equivalent would be seeing Billy Joel and Elton John together.

About the crush...we couldn't see Smitty's eyes from where we were sitting, but I described to Brynn how blue his eyes are and she jumped out of her seat. "Oh, I LOVE blue eyes!" she giggled. "They're my favorite!" I need to show her a picture. He is a cutie, for sure. And, wow. Super talented.

Susi said...

Thanks for sharing, I bet it was just awesome!