Sunday, August 23, 2009

Anna: Before and After

Edited to add: I should give props to the doctor who shaved the cats for us. I was a little nervous about them both being put under general anesthesia for their haircuts, but they came out of it fine and got great cuts, to boot! He is a young Mexican doctor who is the only vet at a non-profit clinic dedicated to caring for the stray animals in our area. Here's a link to their site -- I think it's an inspiring organization. If you're planning to come for a visit, consider bringing a dog or cat crate full of items on the clinic's "needs" list. Those items are very expensive here in Mexico but can be found at reasonable prices in the US.

The cats' fur has been sticking to everything since we arrived in this hot, humid climate. I finally couldn't take it any longer and had both cats shaved. The makeover was quite a transformation for little Anna. Here is Anna before:


She really is a gorgeous, regal looking cat. And she knows it. She is BOSSY! But now that she's sporting a shorter 'do, she gets a lot more attention from me. And I think she likes that. Here's what she looks like now:

5 comments:

Laureen said...

Oh, what a difference!! She is still a pretty kitty.

Fulton said...

holy crap! i very much like the shaved look so much better. She still looks very classy!

lucythevaliant said...

WOW! Did you go to a groomer to get your cat to hold still for that? She looks great!

Hillary Dickman said...

We actually took her to the local vet. He knocked both cats out and shaved them for around $30 total. What a deal, eh? But, now that they're both shaved, I might be able to give them trims myself. They're usually pretty good for me, for like nail trims and stuff.

Jen said...

Wow, she is really pretty! I wonder if she noticed the difference??