Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A little like Groundhog Day


This is the third cube bookcase I've built from Ana White's cube bookcase plans and I love it just as much as the first two. I love that it keeps Callie's stuff organized, I love the size and weight and strength of it, and I especially love the color. It is painted in Ralph Lauren Aged Mint topped with two coats of polyurethane. I bought the Aged Mint a few years ago to match Callie's wrought iron bed and also used it on the locker cabinet I built for our entryway this fall. Callie was thrilled to see the bookcase (it was a birthday present, but don't worry -- it wasn't the ONLY birthday present) and she was even more excited that it isn't painted white!

For this bookcase, I had the lumber cut at Lowe's, which proved to be much easier than cutting it myself. The cuts are straight and square -- always a good thing in carpentry. This bookcase comes out big and heavy and sturdy. Exactly how I like my furniture.


Check out that perrrrfect corner cut! Scott squared up the miter saw for me a few weeks ago. Thanks, babe!



4 comments:

Grandpa Foy said...

Beautiful!

Aly sun said...

You have such a cute blog. I just jumped over here from Ana's site. Love your shelf unit! Nice work.

Anonymous said...

So I am loving this book shelf you made and have had my husband on here looking at how to make it. Any tips you can give us and your dimentions of everything?

Hillary said...

Yep! Sorry, I forgot to link back to the original plan. It should give you everything you need!

http://ana-white.com/2011/03/cube-bookcases