Friday, January 06, 2012

Heading home


We're heading home from Mexico tomorrow. We've been here for three weeks and it has been a fantastic vacation. Callie is hyperventalating and in tears because she doesn't want to leave. Scott and I, in the meantime, are having a conversation that goes something like this:

Scott: Accuweather says it's going to be 15 degrees tomorrow. NOW are you worried about getting Libbie home?

Hill: Um, no, I don't even know where her travel documents are.

Scott: I really don't know how you survive. How do you even survive?

So, yeah, that's us in a nutshell. He's into details. I'm not. One thing I love about our marriage is that being with Scott has freed me up to be, well, free. He worries about little things. He concerns himself with things like whether or not the dog will be allowed to fly into Denver despite the cold. And getting to the airport (and church, and school functions, and swim meets, etc.) on time. If he knew that I sometimes forget to pay our utility bill, he'd probably worry about that, too. Let's keep that between us.

Scott and I celebrated 11 years last week and I am so grateful to have him. He is supportive and dedicated and sensitive (for a man, anyway) and so very, very loyal. He brings out the best in me (and yes, sometimes the worst, too) and frees me up to be whom I want to be and do what I want to do.

I am so blessed.

1 comment:

sbobet said...

Wonderful blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News. Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Many thanks.sbo