Tuesday, February 07, 2012

My favorite walk

One of the (many) things I love about living in Colorado is that, because of the spectacular weather and vast swaths of open space, I can go for walks almost any day of the year in lots of different places within just minutes of my house. But one walk in particular is my favorite. Maybe because it isn't too long or too far from the house and so it fits into my daily schedule? Maybe because it is quiet and beautiful.

My favorite walk is on this trail that leaves from the kids' school and meanders between the backs of houses in our neighborhood. It is peaceful and serene and on the way home it is slightly uphill, which is great for me. Because I pretty much refuse to challenge myself, so the little incline does it for me.

Last week while I was walking, the sun was hitting the trees at just the perfect angle. The sky was clear and the air was crisp and I stopped walking for a second, just to take it all in. The next morning I took my camera with me (actually, Scott's camera -- his new little Canon PowerShot, which I love) and grabbed a few photos so you could enjoy the scenery with me.

It's nothing spectacular; just a little slice of peace and beauty and serenity. Just what I need to clear my head at the start of my day.





1 comment:

Fulton said...

that's really cool. the trail doesn't look like it's close to anything.