Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Bring. It. On.

I'm done whining about summer ending too quickly. You may not have heard me, but you can ask Scott. Actually, don't. He's been tuning me out so he might not know what you're talking about.

I love summer. It goes too quickly. I hate being cold.

Bring on the rest of the year. I'll miss summer, but I'm accepting my fate. There. I said it. Now let's move on.

Brynn and Callie started school today. 4th and 2nd grades. Can you believe it? I'm still in shock, but I was in shock when Brynn started kindergarten and I feel left behind with every year that passes, so I guess this is par for the course.



This week the girls got haircuts. And their ears pierced. All in one day. That's a lot for us, considering we only do haircuts two or three times a year. We'll have to do more now, though, since they both got bangs. Bangs. Ugh. Callie's are "Chinese" bangs (no we're not as PC as we should be around here) and Brynn's are side bangs. Or "American teenager" bangs if we're going to be consistent.

We had so much FUN together on their haircut/ear piercing day. They were sweet and fun to hang out with and they didn't complain about eating leftovers for dinner.

And then today? Callie carried her own backpack and didn't freak out about what shoes to wear to school.

That's a first. No kidding.

Oh, and also today? I realized that all of the "Wow, Callie's grown," comments we've been getting must have some merit because she's like four inches taller than friends who were almost the same size as her in May when school let out. That means she's probably a foot taller than her shorter classmates, especially her cute little Chinese friends.

And she loves it. Crossing my fingers that her love of height will continue for as long as possible.

No comments: